Friday, February 8, 2013

Webpage Deleted? I Don't Think So

When my students train for the Library-Media Council, I have them play a great shelving game called Order in the Library. In the last several months, it just disappeared from the University of Texas' site, apparently taken down by its creator. BUT.....those of you who know me are well aware that I don't give up that easily. I went to the Wayback Machine, which is part of the Internet Archive site. Since 1996, they have stored 240 billion URLs!  All you have to do is search your deleted site as seen below:

As for Order in the Library, my students are able to play the shelving game here thanks to the Wayback Machine. Remember: your students may "think" they deleted something, but it's still there......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddToAny